Coping with Panic Attacks workbook
This InfoPax is designed to provide you with some information about panic attacks and panic disorder and suggested strategies for how you can manage your panic and anxiety. It is organised into modules that are designed to be worked through in sequence. Although it is not necessary that you complete one module before going on to the next, this is recommended. Each module includes information, worksheets, and suggested exercises or activities.
- Module 1: Overview of Panic
This module describes panic attacks and panic disorder and looks at the symptoms of panic. PDF document: 268kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 2: More About Panic
The aim of this InfoPax module is to provide you with some more detailed information on how panic attacks actually develop. This module will also describe how panic attacks develop into panic disorder and what treatment strategies may be useful. PDF document: 180kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 3: The Thinking-Feeling Connection
This module describes automatic thoughts and explores how thoughts influence feelings. PDF document: 172kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 4: The ABC’s of Thinking and Feeling
This module explores how you can use a thought diary to monitor the unhelpful thoughts that can lead to how you feel about a particular situation. PDF document: 279kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 5: Unhelpful Thinking Styles
This module describes a number of common unhelpful thinking styles that can lead to negative emotions. PDF document: 240kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 6: Detective Work and Disputation
Module 6 explores how you can examine and challenge unhelpful thoughts by expanding the thought diary described in Module 4. PDF document: 220kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 7: Evaluation and balanced thinking
This module describes how you can summarise how you have challenged unhelpful thoughts by producing a balanced thought. PDF document: 256kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004
- Module 8: Core Beliefs
Core beliefs are often at the root of unhelpful thoughts that are particularly difficult to change. This module looks at core beliefs and how to change them. PDF document: 199kb.Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 9: Coping with Physical Alarms - Exposure Part 1
The aim of this InfoPax is to give you information about how to challenge your beliefs about panic symptoms by actually experiencing them. Research has shown that this is particularly important in being able to successfully overcome panic symptoms and distress about panic symptoms. PDF document 225kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 10: Coping with Physical Alarms - Exposure part 2
The aim of this InfoPax module is to give you information about exposure to activities and situations in which you are worried that panic attacks might occur. PDF document: 340kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 11: The Calming Technique
This module describes how you can reduce your anxiety by gaining control of your breathing. PDF document: 243kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
- Module 12: Self Management
This final module describes how to maintain gains and continue the progress that has been made throughout the previous modules. PDF document: 213kb. Updated 22nd June, 2004.
329 Notes/ Hide
- teresa-kd likes this
- doyouthinkaboutm3 likes this
- alltime-becca likes this
- supersweetsmoothie likes this
- neutralbear reblogged this from betterthandarkchocolate
- attached-to-the-fictional reblogged this from disintegratedsanity
- aanxietry reblogged this from disintegratedsanity
- aanxietry likes this
- sundayum likes this
- cirelondiell likes this
- calmyourpanic reblogged this from xqizit
- princesslenore likes this
- kingsburys reblogged this from disintegratedsanity
- boys-over-moss likes this
- emfreddie likes this
- lizhasthoughts likes this
- xqizit reblogged this from disintegratedsanity
- xqizit likes this
- chronicle-nostalgia likes this
- imreachingthesky likes this
- artsfartsunicornhearts likes this
- then-i-saw-the-chicken reblogged this from pizza-cone
- pizza-cone reblogged this from mentalillnessmouse
- rachel-the-awesome likes this
- britmargo likes this
- shouldshy likes this
- zensual likes this
- body-exploration likes this
- freeasthepaperburns likes this
- sneakypsycho likes this
- let-it-be--hangloose reblogged this from rosyrobo
- let-it-be--hangloose likes this
- kawaiirubbish likes this
- newcrystalcitysteel reblogged this from rosyrobo
- newcrystalcitysteel likes this
- rosyrobo reblogged this from ptsdpuma
- ktdoescomics likes this
- ban-nigheachain likes this
- g-cleffa likes this
- goaliegirl30 likes this
- interlinearisglossza reblogged this from anxiety-depression-support
- scorpioxvirgo likes this
- akapopinjay likes this
- caffeineinflux likes this
- coherent-incoherent likes this
- r-i-v-a-i likes this
- slumberfish likes this